Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'M BACK!!!

I know its been a LONG TIME since my last post, but I'm finally back...  Things have been very crazy for me personally the last 4 months...  However I'm not big on excuses and I'm going to try to get back into posting a lot more often like I once did...  I really do enjoy posting about the weather so it will be good to get back into it...  On a good note I'm actually closing on my first house June 19th, so I'm pretty excited about that!  I know that's a little random but it's one of those personal things I been dealing with the last couple of months...

Currently I'm writing from Vidor, TX in my good friend Chris Bell's house...  Chris and I have been friends for years but I haven't seen him in awhile since he moved to England...  Its been great to see him and his family which have been very gracious in letting me stay here...  My buddy Dave rode with me and later on a couple of my other friends are going to meet up with us...  Were actually all out here to storm chase, but unfortunately things don't look so good weather wise...  I've seen the pattern look worse but my main concern over the next week is tropical activity which could makes its way into the Gulf of Mexico...  If this does happen (which unfortunately looks likely) this will cut off the moisture from the Gulf which will only make the pattern worse in an already pitiful situation weather wise...  

In the mean time where going to relax and enjoy catching up with each other...  It's also good to hang out with old friends!!!  Tomorrow were heading to NASA and also Galveston Island...  It will be interesting to see how things have progressed in Galveston Island since I rode out Ike in the UT Medical Branch parking garage...  I hope progress has been made but it's always tough coming back to difficult situations like this...  I remember returning to the Mississippi Gulf Coast after Katrina, and that was still tough even a year later...  The power of a hurricane is truly unmatched in my eyes...  For a chase account on Hurricane Ike click on the link below!

No comments: