Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day!!!

I have to say it was amazing to see so many people gather to watch the inauguration today!  I actually lived in Washington D.C. for many years and I have never seen anything like it!  No matter who you voted for it was almost surreal to see 2 million people gather to watch Barack Obama become the 44th President of the Untied States of America.  What was even more impressive was the cold those people dealt with all day.  Currently it's 23 degrees in Washington D.C. and the high only got up to 30 degrees.  What made it worst was a strong NW wind gusting up to 25mph...  Needless to say I'm glad I watched it on TV!!! 

Today was also a cold one in Starkville...  We only made it to 36 degrees and currently it's 23 degrees...  I actually think we will drop lower than the forecasted low of 19 tonight...  I think 16 is very possible!!!  Fortunately things are going to start warming up a little as we should be close to 50 on Wednesday and near 60 on Thursday!  Right now 60 sounds AWESOME!!!

Before I leave you tonight I would like to leave a GREAT link to facts about Washington D.C. inauguration weather.  This link was made by the national weather service in Sterling, VA and it is extremely well put together.  It has lots of great information/cool facts that I never new/heard about...  ENJOY!!!

No comments: