Thursday, October 1, 2009

Anthony, KS Night Tornado Video...


I just uploaded a 10 minute video of the Anthony, KS night tornado... After breaking off from Jon Davies and Jim Reed we started to follow a second supercell with a nice wall cloud... About 45 minutes after the Attica, KS tornado we ran into the Anthony, KS tornado... It really was an amazing tornado that I wish was during the day... Even though I have to say that because of the constant intense lightning we saw a good bit of this particular tornado... It was cool to see all the stages of the tornado even at dark! I'm sorry but you can chase at night! I've seen MANY nighttime tornadoes... Yes of course I wish it was during the day but when you run into a situation like the Anthony, KS tornado, that much lightning almost makes it feel like daytime anyways!

At the end of the video when the Anthony, KS tornado was roping out you can see another tornado to the left... At that point at least those two tornadoes were on the ground and possibly a third but I never counted it because we really couldn't tell for sure... Anyways that second tornado unfortunately hit a house later that received a F-4 rating by the NWS... Even though it was only a slight risk day there were 19 tornadoes... To say the least it was a crazy day I'll never forget for the rest of my life!!!

May 12th 2004 Storm Reports
NWS Harper County Outbreak (Wichita, KS)


*Warning* Again there are a few cuss words... Not near as much as many videos I have posted... But still I wanted to warn everyone!!!





© Greg Nordstrom 2004

ANY USE OF THIS VIDEO WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM GREG NORDSTROM IS PROHIBITED AND WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW...

No comments: