Friday, October 16, 2009

Weekend Forecast Update...


Well it looks like the NWS 59 and mostly sunny skies was WAY too optimistic... Ironically they updated it to 60 today??? I just don't see where they were getting mostly sunny skies from but hey it is what it is... The high at GTR and Columbus both look to be 55... It felt cold also with winds gusting out of the north and northwest at 23 mph... I was initially thinking the stratus would start to break up later tonight but honestly I don't think that's going to happen now... My 43 should be close with clouds, wind, and wet soils... Tomorrow I'm glad to see the NWS updated to 55... I pretty much agree with that even though I'm leaning a degree maybe two cooler because I really don't see the stratus breaking up anymore...

One thing I should have thought about is the fact we have two good storms moving up the east coast... The first storm is already exiting with the second one forming right now... This will help pull the cold air even more south as a strong low moving up the eastern seaboard (one-two-punch) only helps amplify the trough... This will bring even colder air down south and again it's going to be very TOUGH to mix out the inversion the moisture is trapped under... Tomorrow night should be near 38... The only reason I'm not going lower is the threat of some lingering clouds and the amount of water in the soils... Sunday things "should" finally clear out helping it warm up a little... I'm thinking upper 50's right now... Probably around 58 or 59... Sunday night with the clear skies I'm thinking about 36... Again because of the amount of rain we've had I can't go much lower than that...

No comments: