Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cold Weather on the Way...


The next few days is going to be a bit chilly in Starkville, MS... The NWS is going with a high of 59 tomorrow but I think that is WAY too optimistic... If we had mostly sunny skies then yes 59 would be possible but with the clouds I think we'll have tomorrow I'm thinking more like 55 maybe 56 tops... There should be enough moisture trapped below an inversion tomorrow that a low stratus deck will be around most if not the entire day as we'll be experiencing strong CAA... I just don't see it mixing out! It's going to feel COLD also with winds out of the north and northwest of 15mph...

Tomorrow night should start to slowly clear out but I think the NWS low of 45 isn't bad... Personally I would probably go a couple of degrees lower but because of the threat for some lingering clouds and winds still staying up around 5-10mph, around 43 should be close! Also again I've had over 20 inches of rain at my house sent September 17th so the ground is soaked... In the last 48 hours I've had about 1.65" at my house in West Starkville... This will keep us from maximizing our low temperature tomorrow and for the rest of the weekend... 20 inches of rain doesn't just disappear...

Saturday "should" be a little warmer as it will be mostly sunny... The NWS 58 should be close... Saturday night I do think we'll get into the upper 30's but because of all the soil moisture I don't think it will get much lower than 38 degrees... Without all the rain we've have had I would probably go about 3 or 4 degrees lower... Either way it's going to feel cold the next few days... However I refuse to turn on my heater... Not going to happen!!!

No comments: