Friday, October 9, 2009

MSU vs. Houston...


It looks like everything has sped up enough that the MSU vs. Houston homecoming game should be OK... I'm sure the field will be soaked (Even though apparently the drainage system is amazing) but the heaviest rain should be gone and into South Mississippi / Alabama by game-time... There still may be some lite rain/drizzle during the beginning of the game, but it's looking more and more likely that the heavy rain will be long gone... I really thought the front would slow down enough that the heavy rain would be near Starkville during the game... The front is starting to really slow down overall but again it SHOULD be past us by game-time...

Looking at the teleconnections and how typhoon Melor was being steered, I thought the front would be about 12-18 hours slower... Not horrible from 4-5 days out but still WRONG!!! The overall idea of the teleconnection did well... I'm thinking I blew it on when Typhoon Melor started to turn... It looks like the ridge started to break down a little faster than I originally thought! Why is that important? This meant I was off on the initial breaking down of the ridge, which is HUGE in teleconnecting the pattern here in the US 6-10 days later... It's not a perfect science but it really helps you in long range trough/ridge patterns recognition a week out... I should have focused a little harder on the initial break down of the ridge/turn of Typhoon Melor... We'll see what happens tomorrow... Go MSU!!!

No comments: