Friday, October 23, 2009

Starkville Rain Update...


I got .81" of rain at my house in West Starkville, MS last night... Justyn Jackson told me he got just over an inch near campus in East Starkville... So it looks like .75" to 1.00" was fairly common across the Starkville area... Again the 0z GFS from two day ago was almost spot on... Besides the convection in the northern gulf I really can't see another reason why the system under produced... It over produced in Texas so I do think the idea of hurricane Rick's entrainment adding to rainfall totals had some merit... Like I said last night, forecasting is tough and sometimes mesoscale processes/events can put a BIG hamper on your forecast!

On a side note tomorrows big game between MSU and Florida looks good... Temperatures should be near 50 at kick off dropping into the upper 40's through the game... I know it would take a miracle but I sure hope MSU wins... I was actually at the MSU vs. Florida game in 2000 which was one of the loudest/craziest games I've ever been too... Thanks to Jeff Perry I'm going to be at the game tomorrow which should be fun either way...

No comments: