Friday, September 12, 2008

Staying Put!!!

We are staying in GALVESTON!!! I'll update when I get back but were going to first help some people at the Holiday Inn move their cars to a safer location... My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Galveston and SE Texas.... BE SAFE!!!

11:50am UPDATE: We are currently sitting about 100 yards from the Gulf of Mexico at a Holiday Inn... This is our home base of operations but is not where we are going to ride out the storm... We have found an extremely strong 4 story tall parking deck near the hospital and university... At around 6pm or so we are going to walk to this place of safety... Already the waves are pounding the sea wall shooting 20 feet + in the sky... I would say we have another 5 or 6 feet before the sea wall over tops... Before it gets to the point of no return we will be safe and sound in our fort! I fully understand the severity of this storm and I feel like I have been more cautious with this storm than any before including Katrina... I just hope Galveston can make it through this storm!!! It's such a historical part of America that it would be really sad to see it get destroyed... As I watch the huge waves crash along the shore I can't help to think what Isac Cline and others thought back in 1900... I know it was a far worse storm but I can't even imagine what it was like without the sea wall... It's probably not going to save Galveston but I promise you it helps a lot... I'll try to check in one more time before we leave for Fort Galveston!!! I'll be updating on my LDCT twitter account tonight!

3 comments:

Justyn Jackson said...

Good grief, Greg --- be so careful!!

Love, Justyn's Mo

LDCT said...

I promise I'll be more careful than I ever have! Thanks for caring Mo!!!

Love, Greg

Unknown said...

Please be careful buddy...