Monday, November 17, 2008

Cold...

Cold weather is on the way for us in Starkville...  Of course it's not cold for people from the north, but to me it's a little bit chilly for my liking...  A cold front has passed through the region and tomorrow looks to struggle to get to 50 degrees...  Lows should easily drop to 25 degrees as we will experience our hardest freeze of the season to this point...  Things will slowly warm up the rest of the week but tomorrow looks like a chilly one!  

On a quick side note I was off on low last night...  I really thought 32 was a lock and I also thought 29 or 30 was very possible...  The skies were clear and the winds were calm but the low only got down to 34 degrees...  I guess the air mass modified a little faster than I thought which makes sense with the high reaching 64 degrees today...  I also was off on that...  It just goes to show that even when things seem simple you can still be off...  That's the everyday challenge of forecasting!!!

Sorry about this being really short tonight but I have to finish a presentation on Storm Chasing...  For anyone that wants to come it will be tomorrow in Hilbun Hall room 340 at 12:30pm...  It should be a good time and I hope I can get people excited about the weather and storm chasing...  I'll be showing some cool pictures on Hurricane Ike and I'll also show some intense video on the Conway Springs wedge tornado...  Definitely the best tornado I have ever seen with my own eyes!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Greg - Any way to get that presentation taped or into a powerpoint?

Best,
Philip Burt

LDCT said...

Philip:

What I really need to do is get all my video together and put it on my website... I've just been so busy with a lot of school stuff this semester so I haven't had time to do a lot of things with my storm chasing/website that I wish I had already... I'll try to work on that some over thanksgiving break when I have some extra time... I wish I did have a video tape of the presentation so I could send it to you or post online... Sorry buddy!!!

Greg

Unknown said...

Hi Greg,
That would make a great addition to your site. I'd love to see your severe thunderstorm videos. With such a persistent marine influence, we don't get many severe t-storms here on Cape Cod - maybe two or three a summer. Would love to chase with you some day...it's tough to find people who get excited as the weather gets "worse!"

Phil