Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hurricane Ida up to 105mph...


Hurricane Ida has strengthened to 105mph with a pressure of 979mb... Looking at the satellite imagery I'm not sure if Ida will get to 115mph... I would say it could get to 110mph, which is only 1mph away from a major hurricane! I have no problem with the NHC's track in the short term... I think Pensacola, FL will be close to the landfall point... It could be as west as Mobile, AL though... Also I still think this area will see hurricane force conditions (mostly gusts) whether or not the NHC says Ida is extra-tropical at that point or not... With chasing this is a tough call... Again I DON'T CARE if the NHC says it's extra-tropical but I do care if we don't get hurricane force conditions at the surface for very long... Not to sound arrogant but it's not really worth my money or time to drive down for 60 mph winds with the hurricanes I have been through over the years... If it were closer to 80 mph then I would probably go, but with a weakening hurricane you're not going to get the max wind potential... I'll make up my mind by tomorrow morning but right now I have to say I'm 51/49 NO on this one... Normally I would probably be 80/20 NO but since this year has been completely dead I'm really considering it... It's not that far of a drive! More updates later...

No comments: