Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dry Air Killing Hanna...



I knew the dry air was a concern, but I'm a little surprised how much has wrapped into Hanna today...  I thought the core would be able to tighten up, keeping the dry air out...  This is not the case at all as tons of dry air has infiltrated the core of Hanna killing it slowly....  There still is a chance it could get some of this dry air out but honestly I think it's too late in my personal opinion which is GOOD news!  I still think Hanna will get to a hurricane at landfall but I doubt it will get to a Cat-2 at this point...  Of course it's still going to travel over the Gulf Stream and the wind shear has relaxed but unless the dry air gets out it's over for Hanna...  It really just goes to show you how perfect an engine a hurricane really is!  Any disruption, even the slightest, can make a huge difference in the long run of a hurricane...



I wonder now if Ike will make that turn since you don't have Hanna as a strong hurricane...  There is now going to be less heat pumping the ridge which could be critical in the end...  Remember the smallest thing can make a huge difference in the end with a hurricane...  Ike is a powerful Category 4 hurricane with sustained winds of 140mph and a pressure of 938mb...  It will continue to cycle up and down all the way to the Bahamas...  From there it's a coin flip....  Even though with what I'm seeing with Hanna I'm leaning with a turn to the north now just before Florida...  This will make a big difference in the long run with Ike...  If it does hit southern Florida I see Ike as a Cat-4 hurricane at landfall...  If it misses Florida and heads to the Carolinas I see Ike as a Cat-3 hurricane at landfall...  It will be interesting to watch that's for sure!  I'll I know is it's so amazing to me how fast things can change in the tropics!  Hanna's air is coming out while Ike engine is running at full speed...  More updates to come later!!!

No comments: