Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hanna looking east...



Hanna is beginning to wrap its core back together and should be a hurricane again Thursday morning... Wind shear has relaxed to 20-30 knots and looks to get around 10 knots tomorrow as Hanna moves NW... There still is a decent amount of dry air on the western half of Hanna but it looks to be dissipating some and moving out... Tomorrow and especially into Friday I think we will see Hanna start to deepen fairly quick... It will be tapping into a couple of outflow jets and it's moving towards the Gulf Stream! Joe Bastardi from accuweather has Hanna getting down to 950mb which I actually think is very possible...



I felt good about a more eastern track yesterday and it now looks like the border of South Carolin/North Carolina is about as west as Hanna will go... The NHC has really gone east as well today moving its center line a little east of Wilmington, NC... Hanna's center reformed today to the east under an area of deep convection... Because of the center reforming east I'm now leaning towards a Wilmington, NC to Morehead City, NC landfall... The furest west I could see Hanna go is Myrtle Beach, SC and the furthest east I could see Hanna go is Cape Hatteras, NC... At this point I'm still sticking with a 115mph Cat-3 landfall near Wilmington, NC... The dry air is some concern for intensification but I feel with the shear relaxing and the Gulf Stream in Hanna's future, a Cat-3 is very obtainable... More posts to come later!

No comments: