Monday, September 1, 2008

Quick Update...

Michael Haynes and myself are in a Days inn a few miles south of Lafayette, LA... Nothing much is going on but bands are starting to approach from the east! I fully expect to see 100mph + winds here at our location... The storm looks to be slowing down and turning more to the west... I actually think the eye is going to past very close to us! We have found a huge movie theater to ride out Hurricane Gustav... It's very similar to the movie theater we rode out Katrina in... Gustav still looks to be tightening up and the core is becoming a very compact storm... This tightening and the westward turn will allow Gustav to hold its own, if not ramp up some before landfall... I could see it ramp up to 125mph at landfall... I probably won't be able to update the blog later today but I'll post on my twitter account as much as possible... I pray tonight for everyone in Louisiana as tomorrows dawn will bring major hurricane conditions!!! OH, HAPPY LABOR DAY EVERYONE!!!

No comments: