Friday, September 12, 2008

Minimum Cat-3 Threshold!!!

We have decided as a group that if hurricane Ike is 110mph or more by the 10am NHC update then we are going to leave Galveston for higher ground... The reason why is most likely Ike will tighten up some at landfall helping it strengthen even more... So if it's 110mph at 11am I really think 125 is possible by landfall late Friday/early Saturday.... If it's 100-105 at 11am I really think 115 is more likely... A feel good staying in Galveston with anything 115-120mph and below.... If it looks to us that it will cross that threshold then we are leaving Galveston.... I'll update tomorrow morning and let everyone know what were thinking... Storm chasing and especially hurricane chasing is something that I don't take lightly so were going to edge on the side of caution especially considering where we are... I have had 1 hour sleep going on two days so I think it's time for a 5 hour nap!

No comments: