Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hurricane Kyle


Kyle is now a hurricane with 75mph sustained winds and a central pressure of 995mb...  It is really moving to the north at 23mph...  I have no problem with NHC's end intensity as I do think it will be either a strong tropical storm or weak hurricane at landfall....  There is still a lot of dry air and wind shear out there preventing Kyle from getting a lot stronger...  Plus it's rapidly moving away from warm ocean water...  My only problem is with the track...  I still feel like it will be left of the NHC's track, just missing Cape Cod by 50 miles or so and then plowing into Maine...  My thinking/reasoning is basically the same as yesterday!  While this isn't the best news for Maine it won't be any worse than a strong Nor Easter...  Honestly a lot of Nor Easters are much stronger!  

No comments: