Sunday, September 14, 2008

Made it!!!

I just got back from not only a truly historic hurricane chase but probably the most draining storm chase of my life!  I feel so blessed to have made it home and I also feel like we were so lucky in many ways...  I would also like to personally thank the Holiday Inn on Seawall and 18th...  They were so gracious to us and without them this chase may not have been possible...  I would especially like to thank Abe and Sam because at the VERY LEAST their kindness made things a lot more smooth for us...  It always amazes me to see how kind and thoughtful people can be during the worst of times....  I still continue to pray for the people of Galveston and SE Texas...  While it was not the catastrophic blow it could have been, it still was the second worse damage I have ever seen with my own eyes...  When you see chucks of the seawall the size of vehicles ripped and thrown across the street it gives you a true appreciation for the power of water!  Hurricanes are truly amazing and yet at the same time so relentless and unforgiving...  The power of a hurricane is unmatched in my eyes!!!  I'll have a full detailed account of Hurricane Ike and Galveston Island tomorrow!!!  Right now though I'm off to bed...

Ps...  Sorry i wasn't updating on LDCT twitter account...  Apparently I was updating on my GregNordstrom twitter account instead...  Too tired/distracted to realize...  Sorry about that!!!!

1 comment:

Mike Wilhelm said...

Just glad you guys are home safe! Look forward to reading your chase account.