Friday, September 5, 2008

Ike May Head into the Gulf???



Ike is still a powerful Category 3 hurricane heading towards the wsw at 15mph...  However looking at current Satellite imagery Ike looks to be moving more west than the wsw...  The models have been trending even more west/south today and it looks like Ike could head into the Gulf...  I'm not going to jump all over this right now, but it's definitely a strong possibility!!!  Personally I still want to wait and see how Hanna influences Ike...  It may not happen but I wonder if Hanna puts enough of a weakness in the ridge to allow Ike to move a little more north than the models are showing...  With a lot of the models south of the Keys, I wonder if this could mean the difference between Ike missing southern Florida and heading into the Gulf or Ike heading into the southern Florida mainland...  Right now I'm just going to wait and see...   


No comments: