Wednesday, September 30, 2009

48 Degrees at GTR...


This is NOT to knock the NWS but again they were too low with the morning low... When you have 11" + of rain in less than two weeks it's hard to get your dewpoints low enough to reach last nights forecasted 45 degrees... The afternoon update actually dropped it down to 44... When you have that much water in the ground it will evaporate and cause your dewpoints to stay up... Basically you have excess moisture trapped near the surface! This is a good lesson for everyone as it was taught to me by Doug Gillham! I guess what surprised me the most was when you see that it didn't happen the night before, then why don't you adjust the next night??? Tonight the NWS is going 47... Again I still think that is too low! Winds beginning to shift out of the south with warm air advection and you still have a TON of water in the ground... I'm leaning more towards 51 degrees tonight.. By hey, that's just me!

I should get the Anthony, KS night tornado video up tonight... If not I'll get it up tomorrow 100%... I do have an intramural football game at 9pm tonight! GO CANES!!!

No comments: