Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hurricane Ike Video-3...


This is the last of three videos I'm going to post from Hurricane Ike... This video is shot during the peak of Ike and also the next morning walking down Seawall Blvd... It was hard to get the worst winds in the dark but I did get a little surge video from the bottom of the parking deck... It was only a few feet deep in the parking deck but down the street I would say it got about 5 maybe 6 feet deep in some spots... I want everybody to remember the first video I posted when you watch the end of this third and final video... The piers, restaurants, shops, etc, are ALL GONE!!! Nothing was left but a huge pile of debris well over 10 feet high in spots... Hurricane Katrina is by far the worst damage I have ever seen but for about 5 or so blocks along the sea wall, the damage was similar to Katrina... And that's saying a lot! My heart still goes out to the people of southeast Texas as we come up on the year anniversary of Hurricane Ike... People forget about Bolivar Peninsula which was completely annihilated... They took the worst of the surge which is why the damage was so horrible there... It was bad in Galveston Island, don't get me wrong, but with the eye coming straight over us we got very lucky!



© Greg Nordstrom 2008

ANY USE OF THIS VIDEO WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM GREG NORDSTROM IS PROHIBITED AND WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW...

No comments: