Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hurricane Rita 4 Years Later!!!


Today is the 4 year anniversary of Hurricane Rita making landfall just south (marshlands) of where we were in Orange, TX... The right center portion of the eye went right over us (The winds went dead calm for at least 30-45 minutes)!!! I believe it officially made landfall in between Sabine Pass, TX and Johnson's Bayou, LA... It was an AMAZING experience and I'll never forget the lightning associated with this particular hurricane for the rest of my life! I've NEVER seen anything like it in a hurricane!!! Since I actually just released the video earlier this month I'll leave a link to the video and write up... Remember the next day my house was hit by a mesocyclone induced F-1 tornado from the remnant feeder bands of Rita... It was a CRAZY two days to say the least!!!

Hurricane Rita Video/Write Up

Radar Loop of Rita Making Landfall

No comments: