Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hurricane Ike Video...


This is the first of three 10-minute videos I'm going to post on Hurricane Ike! Hard to believe were coming up on the 1st anniversary... Time sure flies!!! The first video you will see is shot mainly 36 hours before landfall... I want you to notice all the piers and structures near and on the seawall... In video #3 you'll see how it's unfortunately all destroyed by Ike... Hurricane Ike was not the strongest hurricane I have been in, however I would say by far it was the closest/most hardcore hurricane chase attempt of my life... There is something about being on a barrier island, especially one with the history of Galveston... I will say that I felt more safe in the structure I rode out Ike than any other previously during hurricane chases... It was truly a fort and could have easily held up to even a Cat-5... The problem would have been getting off the island... Even with it only being a borderline 2/3, we still barely made it off... For a chase account on this historic hurricane click on the link below... By the way, Hurricane Ike went down as the third costliest hurricane in US history topping out around 24 billion in damage!





© Greg Nordstrom 2008

ANY USE OF THIS VIDEO WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM GREG NORDSTROM IS PROHIBITED AND WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW...

No comments: