Friday, September 18, 2009

Argonia, KS Tornado Video


Sorry it took me a while but I have finally put up the Argonia, KS tornado video... This is a very impressive tornado we saw about 30-45 minutes before Conway Springs... Conways Springs was the strongest tornado I have ever chased but Argonia might have been the most unique! At one point you had 3 tornadoes on the ground at the same time! One parent strong tornado with 2 weak satellite tornadoes... The satellite tornado to the right of the parent tornado actually became the main tornado as it crossed the road... Eventually it became a wedge tornado... The way the dust streamed into this tornado is one of the more amazing things I have ever seen!!! When it comes to tornado chasing I think it's going to be hard to beat a day like this as a chaser... To see many tornadoes (really hard to count honestly) and 2 large violent wedge tornadoes is an one in a million chase day... I hope to get LUCKY enough to see this one-day again... But there are NO GUARANTEES!!!

Also I think there are 2 or 3 cuss words in the video just to warn you! Again I'm sorry about that but it's tough sometimes when you are inside a 1/2 mile from a tornado... No excuses, but I'm MUCH MUCH better today...



© Greg Nordstrom 2004

ANY USE OF THIS VIDEO WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM GREG NORDSTROM IS PROHIBITED AND WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW...

1 comment:

Ryan Aylward said...

So much dust! Really cool.