Tuesday, September 29, 2009

52 Degrees at GTR...


It only got to 52 degrees at GTR this morning which just goes to show what 11" of rain can do... The NWS had 48 degrees which I thought was too low because of how wet the ground still is... I don't think it was a bad forecast, but just a little too aggressive with the amount of rain we have had in the last 2 weeks... Tonight I think the NWS is also a little too low... They have 45 degrees and while I think it will get into the upper 40's tonight at GTR, I can't go as low as 45 degrees... I'll say 48, maybe 47 degrees tonight... We'll have to wait and see but I think 48/47 will be close with the amount of water still around Starkville...

I'm going to post the Anthony, KS night tornado video tomorrow... We (Justyn Jackson, Derek Cody, and Myself) actually saw this tornado about 45 minutes after the Attica, KS tornado... After breaking off from Jon Davies and Jim Reed, we basically "ran" into this awesome tornado... It was light up almost perfectly many times by some nice lightning... Also we were fairly close to it which only helped visually... Again I'll post that video sometime tomorrow night!

No comments: