Monday, September 14, 2009

Conway Springs Tornado Video-1


This is the first of 2 Conway Springs, KS tornado videos I'm going to post tonight... Sorry for the delay but I was watching my Oakland Raiders choke again.... But back to the tornado.... This was BY FAR the biggest, baddest, most AMAZING tornado I have ever seen... We took a risk and played the triple point that day, hoping the cap would break... High Risk = Huge Reward... I always believe you should play the best environment even if it wasn't the sure thing... It didn't look good at first but then BOOM, the lid popped off the cap and things got crazy QUICK... Storms went up and were getting tornado warned in about 15-20 minutes...

I have never seen an environment like it in my life... This is off the top of my head but again you had a triple point with a nice dry line bulge, dew points into the 70's, incredible SE surface winds sustained around tropical storm force, unbelievable directional/speed shear, awesome low-level jet, and a surface low near 985mb... I think it bombed out to near 980mb by the end of the 2-day event... The video speaks for itself but I most warn you there are some cuss words... Sorry about that but again I've gotten much better since then... Honestly though when you see the 2 videos I think you'll understand why I let a few go... That day there were 93 tornadoes and another 100 tornadoes the next day! That's 193 tornadoes in less than 2 full days! Just INSANE period end of story!!! I think it will hard to beat this event but I'm sure it will happen again one-day...


*Also remember to better view the videos, first click on play and then click again on the actual video to take you to youtube... That way you can see it in full screen!!!




© Greg Nordstrom 2004

ANY USE OF THIS VIDEO WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM GREG NORDSTROM IS PROHIBITED AND WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW...

No comments: