Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hurricane Ike Video...

Since the weather it still slow I decided to post a lot of Hurricane Ike videos from youtube...  A few are from storm chasers and a few are from national new agencies...  I'll let you be the judge but a couple of these videos you will see show you VERY irresponsible chasing...  I'm not going to call anyone out but if this careless trend continues I GUARANTEE you that chasers(some very well known) will die!!!  You can't keep tempting fate as many time as some have...  I hope I'm wrong but I think it's a ticking time bomb!!!  I still need to upload the video I shot in Galveston Island which I plan on doing Monday/Tuesday...  Sorry for the delay!!!

I will say really quick that a lot of rain is heading our way on Tuesday/Wednesday...  Because a deep trough will be fighting a strong subtropical ridge off the east coast we could see a fairly prolonged period of rain measured in inches...  I'm not saying were going to get flooding rains or anything like that, but we could see 1-2 inches here in Starkville...  Behind the trough things should feel very fall like but unfortunately after that a strong ridge will build back in eventually turning the flow out of the Gulf of Mexico...  This return flow will increase dew points and temperatures making the last bit of "summer" feel fairly uncomfortable...  

No comments: