Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Off by two hours...

Well it turned out I was wrong by two hours but unfortunately it makes all the difference...  Just as the sun came up the clouds rolled in and the temperatures stopped going up...  It hit 47 right before dawn and I thought we had a decent chance for 55...  The problem was there was a smaller shortwave ahead of the main trough axis...  This extra uplift caused the clouds and is the reason why we never got to the mid-50's...  The high was actually at midnight when we hit 50 degrees...  None of the models picked up on this lead shortwave until it was way too late...  I truly believe if we had two more hours of sunshine we would have easily hit 54 or 55, but it didn't happen...  And there again is the luck of this contest...  I still feel like I had the right idea, but the luck wasn't on my side this time...  Oh well it happens...  I went 38 for tomorrow which is way lower than national consensus...  Hopefully this time I'll have the luck on my side!!!


No comments: