Sunday, October 5, 2008

When Weather Changed History...


I just watched tonight's season premier of when weather changed history...  It was on the 1900 Galveston hurricane and was fairly good overall...  I thought it could have gone in much more detail on some of the personal aspects of the hurricane but again overall it was decent...  It re-airs tonight at 11am CT on The Weather Channel if you want to watch it...  Also I'm sure it will re-air a few more times this week...  Next week there is going to be a new episode on the Great Chicago Fire of 1871...  

I will say the best documentary I every ever seen on the 1900 Galveston hurricane was on the history channel a few years ago...  It was extremely well made and really hit on the many personal details of the storm...  Not to blame Issac Cline for the hurricane but I thought it was ridiculous for the weather channel to depict Mr. Cline as a hero...  Again I'm not saying it was his fault but at the same time he was far from a hero...  If you read some books on the hurricane and if you watch the history channels documentary on the hurricane, you would realize that Isaac's brother Joseph was the true hero of the storm...  Isaac repeatedly did not listen to his own brothers warnings which ended up being correct....  Anyways you should read into it more if you want to know the real story!

With the weather really quick, things still look very wet on Tuesday/Wednesday for us in Starkville...  The NAM/GFS both still show over an inch for us in Starkville with some areas to the north and west seeing well over 2 inches...  I actually really enjoy the rain and cooler weather so I say bring it on!  We will see exactly how much we get but I think a decent rain event is immanent for Starkville and the South...  Personally I feel one inch is nearly a lock for the entire event...  We will see though?


No comments: