Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rain on the way...


Tomorrow a nice cold front will be approaching from the west...  Rain is a 100% chance but the main question is when does it arrive in Starkville?  It looks to me like the heaviest rain will arrive Thursday night and last until Friday morning...  There are two things that stand out to me about the rainfall totals...  First the NAM is really hinting at a complex of storm south along the gulf coast...  If this does happen then inflow will be cut off and it will be tough for us to maximize our rainfall potential...  Second both the GFS and the NAM show the heaviest rainfall north of the highway 82 corridor...  The last few runs have been showing this so I don't really have a reason to go against it...  For us in Starkville I think were looking at .50" to 1.00" totals...  Much heavier rain with totals over 1.5" - 2" should be common in northern Mississippi...  I just hope the heaviest rain can hold off until after our playoff intramural football game...  It starts at 8pm so it's going to be close call...  I'm sure we will have off and on light rain after dark but hopefully the heavy rain does hold off until later in the night...  It looks like it will but you never know...  Like usual a few hours makes all the difference and I just hope our game doesn't get cancelled...  I'll I can do is keep my fingers crossed!!!


No comments: