Monday, August 24, 2009

Hurricane Andrew 17 Years Later...


Really quick I just wanted to say that today is the 17th anniversary of Hurricane Andrew making landfall in South Florida... Only the 3rd and last Category 5 to ravage the US coastline (recorded history)... I actually did a detailed post on this last year during the 16th anniversary... I touch on a story about a man I met in Miami who survived Hurricane Andrew at ground zero(Homestead, FL)... I also touch on some other interesting facts about another great Miami hurricane that hit in 1926... If you're into weather history you should really enjoy it!


Also here is a link to a GREAT blog written by Mike Wilhelm!!! Again he does a GREAT JOB with his blog, and I highly recommend everyone to follow it! Today he put up some old videos from Hurricane Andrew... Again if you like historical weather then you are going to love this!

4 comments:

Mike Wilhelm said...

Thanks so much for the kind words about my blog, Greg.

LDCT said...

No problem Mike! It's a great blog and I wanted to get the word out...

Unknown said...

This certainly brings back some painful memories. I lived in Aladdin City and we took quite a hit. During the worst of the storm I had pounding headache, I wonder if it was from nerves or the drop in atmosphere pressure. I will send you some pictures if you like. One became quite famous in newspapers and such. Keep up the good work and Gods speed.

LDCT said...

Thanks for the kind words Mike! Also I would love to see some pictures! Aladdin City, wow that must have been insane!!! You can send them to ldct01@gmail.com

Thanks Again!!!