Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fay keeps doing the impossible...


Fay is still 986mb with 65mph sustained winds... This is simply amazing!!! I mean I can't believe what I'm looking at... It's one thing with Andrew and Katrina to go across South Florida and keep their strength, but it's a whole different ball game for a storm to intensify over south-central Florida moving NW across the state... I'm glad to see that the NHC has finally changed their intensity forecast to a Cat-1 at landfall... I'm still further north than them but again I'm glad they increased the intensity forecast... I still think Fay keeps moving a little east and south of the NHC's current track popping out around or just south of Melbourne, FL... Once it does exit the coast it should start to increase a decent amount even if the NHC's track forecast is dead on... I will say my good friend Josh Johnson pointed out to me that water temps of the coast of North Florida and Georgia are not near as warm as I thought they would be.... They are hovering around 79/80 degrees... You have to go out about 75-100 miles to get into the mid 80's... So maybe this will keep Fay down some but after watching her increase and form an eye/eye wall over land, I'm not going to say anything is impossible with this storm... I'm still leaning with Bastardi on this one... WHAT A CRAZY STORM!!!

No comments: