Sunday, August 17, 2008

HMMM...


Well just when I thought things were coming to together with Fay, she turns around and slaps me right in the face... It has slowed down dramatically and looks to be moving much more north right now...  Plus looking on IR imagery you see an explosion of convection on the north and east side of the storm which will probably just help Fay move even more to the north....  If this trend does keep up, a Tampa Bay hit becomes a strong possibility...  Plus if Fay moves over central Cuba it won't be near as strong because not only will it have less time over the water, it also will be moving away from the best ocean water heat content...  

However it will be interesting to see if this convection wraps around the west side of the storm helping it back to the west... Also I still stand strong with what I have stated earlier with a weaker storm moving more to the west... Plus land interaction with Cuba is anyones guess... Once Fay crosses Cuba we will know for sure, but I'm still not going to change my forecast at this time....  I just wanted to point out a noticeable change I have seen in the last 4 hours or so... Who knows as this is becoming not just a hard forecast, but an extremely draining one as well!!!

No comments: