Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thank you shear!!!




Well thank goodness for the shear this morning and also I would like to personally thank the dry air in the area as well...  This is not to say that Gustav still won't be a major hurricane at landfall, but I'm telling you without this shear and dry air we would have had a Cat-5 on our hands...  The track is still a problem as it looks to hit just south and west of New Orleans...  While I'm VERY thankful Gustav has weakened, people in New Orleans still need to take this storm seriously...  Even a weak Cat-3 will do a LOT of damage in New Orleans...  Of course it depends on the final track, even though Gustav was east of the last NHC point so the eastward trend looks to be continuing...  

As far as chasing I'm still in wait and see mode...  Like I said last night Gustav is hitting an area for hurricane chasing that is very similar to the Ozarks for tornado chasing...  It's very dangerous and near impossible to find a good spot...  You would lose your car if not your life south of I-10 with a major hurricane in south east Louisiana...  Personally I think I would be ok, but I don't think my car would be as lucky...  Well see what happens even though I'm so thankful Gustav is not the monster it easily could have been!!!  More updates to come...


No comments: