Tuesday, August 12, 2008

LDCT...


I honestly never thought I would start a blog but it will be a great way to keep up with all the storm chases I go on... I wish I would have started this a long time ago so I could recall all the details from the hundreds of chases I have been on! I represent LDCT and only believe in one way to chase, ALL OUT!!! LDCT stands for the Long Distance Chase Team which was named by Tim Wallace on October 12th 2001... I'll go into more details about the beginnings, history, philosophy, and chasing perspectives later...

On a side note I'm an instructor of Meteorology at Mississippi State University... I teach Intro to Meteorology, Applied Climatology, and Severe Weather online through the distance learning program... I also help Doug
Gillham teach Forecasting I and II oncampus here at MSU... I feel very blessed to have a job that's not only your passion but also so much fun... Growing up in Los Angeles no one, especially myself, could have ever imagined I would have ended up in the Deep South... However the longer I stay here the more I like it and don't see myself leaving for a long time!

For live updates on weather/storm chasing visit: http://twitter.com/LDCT

*ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF GREG NORDSTROM*