Wednesday, August 20, 2008

WHY FAY, WHY???




You know I started to type up a recap and I started to realize why?  Fay has kicked my butt up and down so bad that at this point I'm going to be a like a coach that throws the game tape away after getting destroyed by 4 + TD's...  I don't think I have EVER been so frustrated forecasting...  The biggest problem with this storm is if you were off by 20-30 miles you were off by hundreds of miles because of the shape of Florida's coast... The biggest thing I have learned from Fay is always expect the unexpected....  Whether it's jumping across Cuba and reforming to the NNE, or strengthening across the peninsula of Florida, or breaking all the known bias/rules of tropical forecasting, never ever think you have a handle on something as complex as a tropical system...  Who knows, maybe Fay has a few more tricks up her sleeves, but at this point I'm done with her...  The tape is in the trash and I'm moving on to other things...  Man I hate this storm!!!

No comments: